The Aboriginal Cultural Wellbeing Centre was a completely new build located within the central courtyard of the Coffs Harbour Hospital.
The building consisted of concrete floor slab with suspended slab above for future use.
Difficulties with this build were access as we were confined to the courtyard with only personal access through an active service corridor that was in use at all times. All materials and plant had to be brought through the corridor or craned over which became quite challenging. All of these procedures had to be outlined within a “Disruptive work notice” and reviewed and signed off by relevant hospital divisions before being given approval to proceed.
Scope of works
• Detailed excavation
• Structural concrete works
• Sandstone cladding
• Detailed tinwork
• Partition glazing featuring Indigenous artists’ artwork
• Fitout including furniture and fittings of the space
• Electrical fitout
• Furniture and equipment installation
• Working in live operational environment
• Collaborative process with Health personelle for planning, disruption notices and essential services
• IT installation
• Structural steel works
• Location: Coffs Harbour, NSW
• Client: Mid North Coast Local Health District
• Contract date: 2018
February 23, 2016